Located in Ottawa and established in 1961, the CBC Pension Fund manages the defined benefit pension assets of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Canada’s national broadcaster. Most of the $7.0 billion in assets are actively managed in-house by a dedicated team of 26 investment and operational staff under the general direction of the Managing Director/CEO of the pension fund.
Assets of the CBC Pension Fund include bonds, Canadian equity, US equity, global equity, real estate, infrastructure, private equity, hedge funds and other alternative asset classes. CBC Pension Fund has one of Canada’s best long-term performance track records.
We are looking for a high-caliber motivated individual to provide analytic support for the CBC Pension Fund’s investments. This is a permanent full-time position.
Reporting to the Strategic Investments Portfolio Manager, the primary responsibility of the position will be to provide analytic and research support to the strategic asset portfolios and to assist in the oversight of external managers:
- Strategic assets consist of real estate, private debt, infrastructure, private equity and venture capital investments. Combined, there are over $1.25 billion invested in these assets.
- The CBC Pension Fund currently has four external managers in fixed income, equity and alternative assets.
- The role may require some travel.
Note: Candidates must provide a cover letter indicating why they are interested in CBC Pension Fund and why they think they are the best candidate for the position.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, finance or economics.
- An understanding of investments, as well as insight into the economy and capital markets.
- Current ongoing enrolment in the CFA program. The successful candidate must also achieve and maintain CFA charterholder status within a maximum of six years from the start of employment.
- Deep and comprehensive analytic capabilities, including a proven ability to work with data and complex spreadsheets.
- Ability to analyze and write status reports on external managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in French is considered an asset.
- The candidate must be a self-starter who can work regular office hours with minimal oversight.
- CBC Pension Fund values individuals who are collegial, collaborate well with others and operate with a high degree of ethics, professionalism and integrity.
To be eligible for consideration as a Senior Investment Analyst, the candidate must already be a CFA charterholder and have at least four years of experience managing strategic assets.
CBC Pension Fund pays a competitive salary and bonus. Located in downtown Ottawa, the successful candidate will be provided with an office, their own Bloomberg terminal and other tools necessary to be successful in the job.
In addition to excellent health and dental benefits, the successful candidate as an employee will also become a member of the defined benefit pension plan.
Candidates chosen for an interview will be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
The successful candidate will be subject to a variety of background checks including reference checks, a criminal record check and a credit check.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.