Ascension Ventures (AV) is a venture capital firm making private equity investments in the healthcare industry. AV is a subsidiary of Ascension Health, the largest nonprofit Catholic healthcare system in the United States.
AHV currently has $800 million of capital under management through four funds. AV has an exciting opportunity for an Investment Associate.
Ascension Ventures provides strategic venture funding to companies that offer healthcare-related products, services or technologies.
AV seeks investment opportunities in companies that represent potential breakthroughs in healthcare delivery and contribute to the transformation of healthcare.
The Investment Associate is responsible for analyzing and helping close investment transactions. Such work shall include company specific and industry-related research.
This person will help diligence potential transactions through AV's gated process, as well as assist with some administrative areas, such as quarterly and annual portfolio reporting.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources. Prepares reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, debt capacity, revenue and profitability.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes. Assists with budget review for compliance and identification of cost-saving opportunities.
- Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
- Read and summarize business plans, enter and update information in AHV’s deal database.Support the other investment professionals in due diligence.
Examples include preparing financial models, performing comparable company and precedent transaction analyses, assistance with organizing investment recommendation materials.
- Assist in preparation of materials for the Board of Managers, Executive Review and other constituents.Perform ad hoc company and industry analyses.
- Help plan and participate in periodical internal deal meetings.Assist with quarterly and annual reporting processes.
- Review healthcare industry periodicals and research reports to proactively target potential investment niches and prepare reports analyzing market potential, growth competitive landscape, etc.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required
- One of the following backgrounds is preferred: Individual with entrepreneurial or investment experience. MD, MA or PhD in a scientific or related field completion of healthcare investment banking analyst program
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Experience preferred in reviewing business plans.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care.
As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
In FY2016, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 150,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates 2,500 sites of care including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities in 24 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.