As an Associate (f/m) at KPN Ventures you help realize investments in European technology companies, and support these companies to build valuable partnerships with KPN and its innovation ecosystem.
Why? To accelerate innovation and create sustainable value for KPN’s customers and society
How? By building strategic and commercial partnerships between emerging innovative technology companies and KPN.
Where? Across Europe, with our home-base in Rotterdam, next to the Erasmusbridge, and a satellite office in Amsterdam, right next to the Sloterdijk train station.
With whom? Together with a small, but diverse team of driven, experienced venture capital professionals, with a passion for technology and entrepreneurship.
Creating new opportunities.
KPN has a leading position in the Dutch ICT market, providing mobile and fixed voice and data communication services, media & entertainment applications and IT services to millions of consumers and businesses. KPN is actively investing in building new businesses in emerging market segments such as Internet of Things, Smart Home, Digital Healthcare, Cyber security, Identity & Transactions, Over-the-top (OTT) services, Cloud Computing and Data services.
In 2015, KPN started KPN Ventures, aiming to invest in and partner with tech start-ups and scale-ups and create value beyond financial return, through KPN’s expertise, network, infrastructure and customer access. The KPN Ventures team scouts, analyses and executes financial investments in European technology companies in the growth segments mentioned above, and supports portfolio companies, KPN BU’s and KPN’s innovation ecosystem partners in creating valuable commercial and strategic partnerships. For the KPN Ventures team we are looking for a full-time ‘Associate (Business Development)’ (M/F).
To Do This, You
- Support the assessment of investment opportunities and specifically the potential to create valuable partnerships with KPN and its innovation ecosystem partners
- Facilitate portfolio companies to connect with people inside KPN and its innovation ecosystem
- Supporting portfolio companies in building value-creating partnerships in the Dutch market, including participation in business development meetings
- Facilitate knowledge exchange between portfolio companies and KPN and its innovation ecosystem, including organizing KPN Ventures’ startup events
- Provide overall support to the investment process and portfolio management process, including documentation, reporting and project management tooling.
Collaboration with your new colleagues.
You Your colleagues are always open for brainstorming. You will work on creative new data analytics projects to increase the Value that Procurement contributes to KPN.
We appreciate if you come up with new creative analytical or infographic ideas that will stimulate innovations within KPN. Our KPN Academy helps us maintain expertise within the organisation, and we provide training and courses to provide our employees with new knowledge. By investing in you, we make KPN an even smarter organisation.
What can you do for us?
An important aspect of the job at KPN is your ability to work on your own initiatives. You will of course be operating as part of a (project) team, so your communication skills must be good. Together with your colleagues, you exploit your flexibility to discover new insights, convince others, and help take KPN to the next level. You move effortlessly through our organization and are driven by the commercial possibilities.
We Also Need The Following From You
- Academic (WO) level, preferably business, finance, computer science or engineering education
- Experience preferably in consulting, business development or technology/innovation management.
- Experience in and/or clear affinity with (digital) technology and entrepreneurship
- Basic understanding of digital technology, preferably in the segments telecom, internet of things, smart home, digital healthcare, cyber security, cloud services, video/mobile services, data & analytics.
- Strong communication skills
- Practical team player, analytical, self-starter and result-oriented
- Fluent in English; (basic) understanding of Dutch helps, but is not required
- We appreciate diversity in our team and encourage female candidates to apply
What can we offer you in return?
- Work in a challenging, innovative market at a telecom & ICT market leader in The Netherlands working at the forefront of innovation
- Work in a small, high-performing team, directly under board level, and cooperate with experts and business owner throughout KPN and its innovation ecosystem
- Engaging with entrepreneurs and tech start-ups in emerging market segments with high potential impact
- 40-hour week, travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN’s products and services, excellent pension scheme, and more
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus an annual personal training budget of € 1000. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
We are KPN.
We increasingly live and work live in the cloud. Devices communicate with each other via the Internet of Things. Our smartphones put the whole world at our fingertips. And the best thing is: it’s only just beginning. The new possibilities are endless, and at KPN you will be at the forefront. Every day, you will work on putting more fun, freedom and convenience into the lives of our more than 5 million customers, your own life, and the Netherlands in general.
Are you ready to join us?
This is just the start.
Do you want to be part of a world of new possibilities? Find out how much impact you can have at KPN. This voyage of discovery starts now with your job application.
If you have any questions, please contact Lennart Koster by e-mailing him at email@example.com.
KPN’s application process includes an assessment (possibly e-assessment) and screening