FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. FHI 360 established FHI Ventures last fall, the organization’s social impact investing arm. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Investment Associate for FHI Ventures based in Washington, DC
- Develop pipeline and conduct due diligence on a qualified pipeline of enterprises for FHI Ventures
- Collaborate with team to execute on offerings, including drafting and editing deal terms and structuring
- Assist in portfolio management, including monitoring performance of enterprises supported by FHI ventures
- Develop and monitor performance metrics (KPIs) for investor relations function
- Create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for quarterly and yearly performance releases and presentations to management and investors
- Prepare and regularly update impact investment projections, working closely with the Principal and President of FHI Ventures, along with the Finance and Legal departments
- Contributes to improving the department's internal systems, processes and tools
- Updates data from multiple sources on a regular basis to provide information to management to make strategic business decisions
- Assists with project management and coordination/development of work plans, deliverables, and activities.
- Maintains report forms, formats, information dashboards, data generators, reports and other resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned and support management as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Finance, Business Administration, International Management, Impact Investing, Public Policy or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years in management consulting, finance, impact investing, private equity, operational or development functions to inform business strategies and deal structuring.
- Demonstrated experience with Incubators, Accelerators, and/or Venture Capital
- Experience in performing commercial and operational due-diligence preferred
- Demonstrated experience in strategic development with resource scheduling, managing timelines, and leading team activities required.
- Facility working with budgets and financial models is required, as is a strong working knowledge of basic financial statements and accounting
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment; well organized and able to think and work independently with little direct supervision; and able to take initiative and work proactively
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; the ability to deliver quantitative and qualitative data in a compelling way; ability to quickly research, synthesize and summarize key lessons on unfamiliar topics
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, including financial modeling, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.