NFI is a fully integrated third-party supply chain solutions provider. Serving customers throughout North America, across a variety of industries and is dedicated to providing customized, engineered solutions that propel a business to succeed. NFI’s business lines include dedicated transportation, warehousing, intermodal, brokerage, transportation management, global, and real estate services. With more than 65 years of experience as an owner and developer of commercial real estate, NFI leverages its operational expertise to create a better model for real estate. The real estate industry has long lived by the phrase “location, location, location,” but NFI believes successful real estate is built upon location, information and execution℠.
NFI Real Estate is seeking entrepreneurial, highly motivated individuals with a demonstrated interest in real estate and finance. Candidates should excel in a fast paced environment and possess strong analytical skills, an ability to think independently and creatively, and a proactive desire to grow and take on responsibility.
The Investment Associate will have a broad range of responsibilities to provide analytical support to the real estate team for acquisitions, redevelopment, developments, financing, asset management and investment reporting to help grow and manage a national real estate platform. As such, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual to grow their real estate knowledge from a diverse perspective within an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment with a company experiencing significant growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Underwriting: Financial modeling of acquisitions, build-to-suit or speculative developments projects, dispositions, joint-venture, funds analysis, financing and leasing.
- Transaction Due Diligence: Site tours, management meetings, property and market research, coordination with legal, finance and third party vendors.
- Investment Approval and Financing Process: Work directly with real estate team to create investment committee memorandums and financing packages.
- Asset Management: Build asset management models and remain involved in the asset management of closed transactions, including budgeting, development monitoring, financing, quarterly investment committee reports, repositionings, capital improvement plans, valuations, and disposition analyses.
- Investor Reporting: Create investor presentations and collateral and provide quarterly reports.
- Markets: Develop knowledge of local investment markets, market research and data collection.
- Compile and maintain sale and lease comp database and monitor deployment pipeline in Salesforce to ensure accuracy. Conduct look back analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- 2-5 years’ experience in the Real Estate or Private Equity Industry.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, interpret and create real estate documents including, but not limited to LOIs, RFPs, property offering memorandums, market reports and tenant leases.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts such as net present values, internal rates of return, cap rates, margins, waterfalls and promotes.
- Create or modify cash flow models using Argus and Microsoft Excel.
- Other software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Google Earth, Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce.
- Geospatial analysis a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while still meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Problem solver, results oriented, hard worker.
- Travel, nights and weekends will be required 25% of the time and will be driven by transaction volume and activity.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.