Adams Street Partners invests directly into private companies through a mid and late stage venture capital fund. The team typically invests between $10M-$30M in technology and healthcare companies, targeting category-leaders in Application Software, Mobile /Internet, Infrastructure Software, Fintech, Digital Health and Biopharma / Med Device. The Venture/Growth team has 6 Partners and 3 Associates with 4 Partners dedicated to technology investments and 2 Partners dedicated to healthcare investments.
Some of our notable investments include: Ancestry.com (Permira), APT (MA), AtHoc (BB), AVG Technologies (AVG), BorderFree (PBI), BrightRoll (YHOO), Corvus (CRVS), Criteo (CRTO), Five9 (FIVN), Naurex (AGN), OncoMed (OMED), Paylocity (PCTY), Q2 eBanking (QTWO), Rempex (MDCO), RetailMeNot (SALE), BoomTown, Craftsy, Chrome River, Couchbase, Donuts, Integral Development, LogRhythm Peerless Network, ServiceMax, Smule, Spiceworks, TeleSign, ThreatMetrix, and Visier.
Adams Street Partners (“Adams Street”) is a global private markets investment manager, operating in more than thirty countries across five continents. Adams Street prides itself on the depth and breadth of its global investment capabilities, and its long-standing reputation as an innovator within the private markets space. Adams Street is consistently recognized for its steadfast commitment to providing clients with high quality investment opportunities, and its deep understanding of the broader private markets industry.
With over $32 billion of assets under management, Adams Street has offices in Chicago, Beijing, Boston, London, Menlo Park, Munich, New York, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo. The firm operates as a single global team, and incorporates the skill and experience of its investment professionals across five strategies: primary, secondary, venture/growth, private credit and co-investments. This integrated global platform of investment expertise has enabled Adams Street to become a leading provider of customized strategies to institutional and high-net worth investors across the world.
Adams Street is also a pioneer of the private markets, and is widely credited as originating the first ever fund of funds investment in 1979. The firm became an independent, employee-owned entity on January 1, 2001, and continues to manage its private equity portfolios in the same manner and style as its predecessor organizations have done for over three decades.
As an employee-owned firm, Adams Street believes in a culture of inclusiveness and collegiate achievement, and strives to deliver the highest standards of integrity, respect and insight within all aspects of our business. Adams Street’s guiding principles and collaborative environment drive the firm’s commitment to providing exceptional client service and top tier investment returns.
Venture/Growth is actively recruiting for an Investment Associate position in our Chicago location. The Investment Associate is responsible for sourcing, analyzing, modeling, and monitoring investment opportunities. The role offers a diversified exposure to private equity and venture capital investing and a high-level of responsibility. Associates are deeply involved in the development of cash flow models, investment theses, and various risk analyses. Specifically, the individual will be involved with and responsible for:
- All aspects of investment due diligence: business, market, management, competitive, financial/returns modeling, terms structuring and legal.
- Working with the investment team to build out and execute upon sector investment plans.
- Developing relationships with leading private companies by attending tradeshows, conferences, and proactively meeting with entrepreneurs and investment bankers.
- Working on selected projects with ASP portfolio companies.
- Pre-MBA: this is a two year role with the expectation that the Associate would join a top-tier business school or portfolio company operating role after that.
We seek an individual who is self-disciplined, demonstrates creative thinking and has the following characteristics:
- 2-4 years of experience in technology investment banking, technology consulting and/or principal investing (mid/late-stage venture capital, growth equity or private equity).
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, who can handle projects from start to finish while negotiating multiple, competing deadlines. Outstanding performance relative to peers.
- Advanced Excel skills with knowledge of valuation techniques and financial modeling.
- Ability to structure and present complex ideas and information in simple persuasive form, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated passion for the technology space and growth businesses.
- Min 3.3 GPA with major in finance, economics, business, management science, engineering/CS preferred, but not essential. Demonstrated outstanding achievement in other majors.
- The Associate role is a term position designed for candidates seeking a 2-3 year experience.
- The position is designed for Pre-MBA candidates only.
- Compensation is market competitive.