Nauta Capital is a pan-European Venture Capital firm with €300+ million under management, and a portfolio of over 40 companies. We're passionate about backing ambitious companies that share our vision to create global disruptors, in large spaces, where technology has had limited impact.
We are currently expanding our investment team and are looking for a brilliant Investment Manager to join our London office.
Coming from a technical background, the ideal candidate will have proven knowledge and passion for technology-centric businesses and 7+ years of experience, including 4 in Venture Capital, as well as within Industry Operations, Investment Banking, Private Equity, M&A, or Strategic Consulting.
Working closely with Nauta's UK General Partner and managing a small team of analysts, in coordination with existing Investment Managers, will play an integral role in Nauta's UK investment team.
Detailed oriented and highly analytical, the Investment Manager will perform comprehensive market, financial, technology, due diligence on early-stage companies in-line with Nauta’s investment interests.
- Technical background preferred; MBA is a plus
- 7+ years of experience including 4+ VC experience (other relevant industries: Industry Operations, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Strategic Consulting)
- Proven track record in dealflow origination, deal flow management
- Demonstrable experience in company, market, competitive, technology, financial analysis/diligence
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiations
- Hands-on industry operations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Report to General Partner and manage a small team of analysts
- Coordinate tasks with existing Nauta Investment Managers
- Originate and manage new investment opportunities
- Conduct extensive financial modelling, deal structuring, market and technology analysis
- Take full control of due diligence; including market, team, tech differentiation, financial plan
- Preparation of investment papers
- Present new investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Represent Nauta Capital at tech conferences and industry related events
- Identify relevant events, attend and source deals
- Build relationships with the startup community
- Location: London
- Start date: immediate