Sequoia Capital was founded in 1972 in Menlo Park, California, taking its name from one of the largest and longest-lived tree species in the world. In keeping with its motto “The Entrepreneurs Behind The Entrepreneurs”, and in keeping with its legendary namesake, Sequoia Capital has always been devoted to building great companies that stand the test of time. Sequoia Capital has been an original investor and key partner in an unprecedented number of enormously successful companies, including Apple, Cisco Systems, Oracle, Yahoo!, Google, Electronic Arts, LinkedIn, Dropbox and WhatsApp. It’s estimated that over 20% of the NASDAQ’s value is made up of firms that Sequoia Capital has invested in. Today, Sequoia Capital has robust connections to the four most innovative and fastest-changing economies in the world: China, India, Israel and the United States. Formed in September 2005, Sequoia Capital China has offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Suzhou and Shenzhen. Over the past nine years, Sequoia Capital China has an impressive and diverse portfolio comprising about 300 dynamic companies that deliver high returns on investment using differentiated technologies and innovative business models, including Alibaba, VIPshop.com, Sina.com, Didi, JD.com, Ourpalm, Qihoo 360, Jumei, Momo, SINNET, Dianping.com, Meituan, Meilishuo, Toutiao, AutoNavi, Ganji.com, DJI, VanceInfo, Noah Private Wealth Management, Wanda Cinemas, Alibaba Pictures, Plateno Hotels Group, Deppon Logistics, ZTO Express, Beta Pharma, Snibe Diagnostic, BGI, WEGO, and Yuwell Medical.
- Participate in all aspects of investment transactions including: sourcing, analysis, financial modeling, due diligence, structuring, negotiation and documentation
- Formulate and present investment cases to our investment committee. Over time, take a leadership role in analysis of specific investment opportunities and sectors
- Monitor financial/operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies, and assist with quarterly reviews with management team.
- A bachelor degree or above from a top-tier university
- Prior (1 to 3 years) experience in management consulting/venture capital/AI Engineer or as an entrepreneur…
- Familiarity with the start-up ecosystem and/or the journey of an entrepreneur
- Ability to drive a process forward through completion, and to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations