As a Manager, Joint Ventures you will manage, plan, organize and evaluate the staff and activities of emerging business opportunities and joint venture projects for the Health System. Develop and analyze operating plans. Direct all aspects of joint venture projects in collaboration with Health System stakeholders, including due diligence, legal agreements, closing and project management. Collaborate with Health System stakeholders as well as outside consultants to evaluate emerging business and joint venture opportunities; determine scope of work, manage market research and analysis, prepare pro-forma financials, develop legal agreements, close transactions, and execute operations.
- Collaborates with Executive Director Joint Ventures and Health System stakeholders to negotiate the terms and conditions of internal spin-outs and joint ventures.
- Directs all aspects of joint venture projects in collaboration with Health System stakeholders.
- Underwrites and performs due diligence on a portfolio of potential projects.
- Conducts market research, creates financial projection models, prepares analyzes and makes recommendations.
- Assists in preparation of materials for internal and external capital investment sources. Prepares investor reports and responds to investor requests for information.
- Prepares internal valuations of intellectual property (IP) and non-IP assets.
- Prepares investment briefs and committee materials.
- Prepares reports including deal-flow and portfolio summaries.
- Reviews operating and capital budgets prepared by the operating group.
- Executes business plans for the investment.
- Creates reports for distribution to senior leadership and interfaces with Health System division management during the life-cycle of each project.
- Develops and evaluates department policies and procedures. Ensures standard operating procedures are compliant with regulatory agencies, applicable federal, state and local laws, and Health System policy.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field, required. Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in venture capital investing, mergers/acquisitions, and strategy consulting, required. Experience in health care industry, preferred.
- Ability to create financial models, evaluate and develop multiple business opportunities, simultaneously, required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, required.
- Proven project management skills, required.
- Ability to research and analyze quantitative and qualitative market-relevant data, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.