ZZ Ventures is a venture capital firm headquartered in San Francisco. We focus on investing in highly compelling and emerging technology companies in both venture and growth stages that are involved in the development of innovative next-generation technologies and solutions for the global market. We seek to add value to our invested companies by helping them successfully penetrate the Chinese market through our cross-border resources.
The Principal will be a seasoned investment professional who has significant work experience in early stage venture capital space. He/she will assist with the team leader on sourcing, leading, negotiating, and managing the firm’s investments in Vertically-Focused Technologies, Enterprise Software and IT, IoT, and Emerging Technology.
- Quarterbacking all stages of a private capital investment including product-specific diligence, market analysis, and conducting primary and secondary research, development of investment themes, modeling, due diligence, structuring, legal documentation, negotiation, and investment committee presentations
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies and understand investment capital structure and shareholder rights to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with senior venture team
- Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review with other investment professionals in the firm
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Develop an “informed perspective” of assigned sectors, including managing and building brand and relationships with: VC firms, startup accelerators, founders, and other members of the venture ecosystem
- Over 10 years of work experience including significant experience at a top-tier venture capital firm or major corporation venture capital group. Work experience in Silicon Valley/San Francisco preferred
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier graduate program
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; “big picture” view with attention to detail is critical
- China-related industry or venture investment experience strongly preferred (not required)