Provenir Ventures is seeking a Managing Principal in London, to lead our Provenir Corporate Venture business. Working with the key leadership team of the Provenir Group, the qualified candidate should possess the ability to articulate Provenir’s business value and provide insight to our partners. A driven self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and knowledge of the deal process will be key to success.
The Managing Principal will be a senior and experienced investment professional who has worked in the early stage venture capital space. This role will be responsible for sourcing deal flow from their network that will lead to early stage investments. Will be responsible for building an investment team comprised of Associates with a sector focus on FinTech and data analytics. The role will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio and realizing attractive exit opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Provide hands-on leadership for all aspects of investment activity—from origination to exit
- Source proprietary investment opportunities and create an investment deal flow pipeline
- Validate the business opportunity, establish an investment case, and structure and negotiate terms for potential investments
- Sit on Boards at portfolio companies and provide them with guidance to help them succeed in the market, as appropriate
- Build and maintain strong relationships with entrepreneurs and other venture capital funds
- Develop a complete understanding of an emerging company by evaluating its market opportunity, competition, product, sales and growth, operations, financial statements and projections, management strength, equity needs, and capital structure
Experience - 8-10 years of relevant investment experience in “FinTech” Venture Capital with a successful track record
Education – Advanced level degree with strong academic performance
Qualifications, Strengths and Skills:
- Knowledge of the FinTech sector, especially startups, including products, trends, investors, business models and sophisticated and thoughtful understanding of the ecosystem
- Proven experience from sourcing to exiting investments, including deal analysis, due diligence, reviewing and negotiating all documentation, serving as deal interface, and driving deal processes to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills with the ability to understand and communicate effectively in a wide variety of contexts and develop a confident assessment of people
- Strong team experience having managed junior investment personnel
- Proactive and self-motivated with critical thinking, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail when writing/editing material
- Exceptional analytical ability to effectively analyze, interpret results, and extract data-driven insights
- Passionate about helping entrepreneurs succeed
At Provenir, we make risk analytics faster and simpler for financial institutions. Our Provenir risk analytics and decisioning Platform is a powerful orchestration hub that can listen to any channel, integrate with any data service and operationalize any analytic model. We help clients process more applications with greater efficiency and increase sales conversions with instant, real-time risk decisioning.
Provenir is an Equal Opportunity Employer