As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
In an M&A role with General Mills, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, influence and achieve with one of the world’s most recognized companies and while working with some of the world’s most popular brands. This could be your opportunity to take a role that requires a high level of skill and expertise, and a higher level of responsibility.
As a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions team, you will be responsible for performing financial and strategic analyses as part of General Mills’ strategic growth process. You will play a key role in preparing financial models and analyzing data. You will participate in many components of the due diligence process and interact with senior-level executives and advisors. You will assist with evaluating potential acquisitions, divestitures, alliances and strategic investments.
In this role you will:
- Participate in M&A strategy development and M&A pipeline development
- Analyze acquisition and investment opportunities consistent with M&A strategy
- Perform industry and financial analysis leading to investment recommendations
- Develop operating financial models to evaluate a target’s financial projections and perform comprehensive financial valuations involving discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, accretion dilution and comparable company/transaction analyses
- Develop and present the business case supporting the acquisition and recommend valuation of potential targets to senior leadership and other internal stakeholders
- Manage a broad cross-functional due diligence team
- Participate in legal negotiations regarding transaction-related contracts with in-house and external counsel
- Plan and participate in post-closing integration efforts between General Mills and the acquired businesses
- Monitor industry M&A development and assess implications for General Mills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience
- M&A experience in corporate development, investment banking, venture capital or private equity
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience preferred