Responsible for developing In-Q-Tel’s portfolio. Expected to identify and target companies of interest to In-Q-Tel and the Agency, negotiate complex equity transactions, provide ongoing support to In-Q-Tel portfolio companies and coordinate the research efforts of Associates and Analysts.
Deal Sourcing & Relationship Management
- Utilize network of relationships with top-tier venture capitalists to generate high quality and consistent deal flow for In-Q-Tel.
- Constantly promote the In-Q-Tel brand within the venture, academic, and startup communities as a high quality venture capital investor and strategic partner.
- Maintain external reputation and credibility within specific technology sectors of focus.
- Maintain broad awareness of venture industry and technology market trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Lead and manage deals
- Negotiate complex financial terms involving equity, technology licensing, and development funding to maximize total overall value and return for In-Q-Tel and our investors.
- Manage the activities of legal, finance, technology and administrative resources towards high quality deal preparation and timely execution.
Portfolio Company Strategy & Support
- Serve as active, contributing advisors to portfolio company CEOs and work as observers of the Boards of Directors over the multi-year lifetime of these relationships.
- Assist corporate management teams in developing new products/services and in navigating the company’s growth.
- Lead government outreach strategic planning for portfolio companies, including planning and execution of strategic events and contacts; manage combined efforts within In-Q-Tel, including marketing, technical, and federal outreach activities.
- Ensure that In-Q-Tel’s requirements are understood and our interest is protected.
- Serve as primary champion and advocate of portfolio companies internally at In-Q-Tel, across the customers we support, and within the broader government community.
- Serve as the primary In-Q-Tel representative in press and PR activities relating to portfolio companies.
- Significant operations experience and a broad breadth of business experience
- 10+ years of operations experience in a variety of business disciplines such as sales, marketing, business development or finance.
- Strong, experienced negotiators who are comfortable negotiating high-value transactions with minimal oversight.
- Experience negotiating equity investments and have a working knowledge of ways in which venture capital agreements are structured.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.