TempoCap is a growth-stage technology venture capital firm based in London, specialising in secondary transactions. As well as providing primary capital to support companies’ growth, we acquire direct positions in those companies from founders, employees, business angels, corporates, venture capital funds and other institutional investors via secondary transactions - providing liquidity to the start-up ecosystem. We also buy portfolios of companies from other VCs, corporate VCs or angels with substantial holdings, helping them to manage their portfolios more proactively and exit (either fully or partially) their investments. Our London-based team of 9 was established in early 2016, and now has €170m in assets under management and ambitious growth plans.
TempoCap is looking to hire an exceptional French-speaking Investment Partner to join its investment team. This is an opportunity to be an integral player at TempoCap, working with some of Europe’s leading entrepreneurs and investors to help shape both the future of technology and the developing secondary market for venture capital in Europe.
This exciting role will require a mix of financial, technical and commercial skills as well as deep knowledge of venture capital deal terms and structures.
The role will be based either in TempoCap’s offices near Soho, London, or in Paris with the new team member supporting the establishment of a new Paris office for the firm (ideally after 6 months based in London). The team’s weekly partnership meeting is held in London, so if Paris-based, there is likely to be a regular travel requirement for the new team member.
- At least 10 years working experience.
- Significant technology investment experience, ideally with a technology background as well as experience working in venture capital or private equity, and experience of holding board director and/or observer positions.
- Established network within the French venture capital ecosystem across both investors and high-growth startups. Having an existing network within large European corporates as well is a plus.
- Able to excel in a small, entrepreneurial team and self-motivate on a continuous basis.
- Sound numerical, modelling and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak knowledgably with executives across a variety of sectors.
- High personal and professional integrity.
- Creativity and tenacity in analysis and problem solving.
- Curious, ambitious, team player with an international mindset.
- Bilingual: fluent in English and French.
- You will be sourcing, executing and monitoring investments for TempoCap, and providing regular support to portfolio companies:
- Systematic and strategic sourcing of new investments for TempoCap – spanning both later-stage individual company investments (via primary and/or secondary transactions) and portfolio investments (acquiring positions from other venture capital funds and corporate VCs).
- Leading the evaluation, analysis and execution of those investments, with support from the wider TempoCap team.
- Managing and monitoring investments as a board director or observer, with continuous efforts to provide value to investee companies utilising TempoCap’s value-add toolkit and your own network.
- You will also work on ad-hoc projects to support TempoCap’s continued growth, including regular meetings with TempoCap’s own investors.
- You will be part of TempoCap weekly Investment Committee
- You will have the opportunity to open the Paris office and lead TempoCap in France.
- This role will provide an opportunity to help shape a key component of the developing venture capital ecosystem in Europe.
- TempoCap’s growing team has an international outlook, a clear common purpose and an informal atmosphere in which everyone has an opportunity to contribute.
- Highly competitive remuneration package with long-term incentives.