B Capital is a $360M venture capital fund with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Singapore. We are a new breed of VC with strategic LPs including the Boston Consulting Group. Our focus is on venture growth stage businesses that bridge the divide between innovative start-ups and leading global corporations. Our strategy is based on building partnerships between our investments and corporate partners earlier in the investment cycle to accelerate growth, shape technology toward broad market acceptance, and create differential exit outcomes.
We seek a Pre-MBA Associate to join our global investment team, based in Los Angeles or San Francisco. The ideal candidate is smart, hardworking, hungry and equal parts people and numbers driven; someone who is looking to be a full-stack investor.
- Market Research
- Develop investment theses. Our associates closest to the markets and drive large pieces of our investment blueprint.
- Source new investment opportunities
- Deal Screening and Evaluation
- Evaluate and assess viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
- Deal Process Utility Player
- Proactively source deals in the market through an established network.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial, modeling, etc.)
- Building Company Value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
- Utilize the firm's and BCG's networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets.
- Passion for disruptive technology.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (top-tier consulting firm; investment bank; operating experience at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
- Pre-MBA only
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious - particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Exposure to core venture capital "math" skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment, and work ethic.
Submit resume to email@example.com, or better yet, reach out via a mutual intro to any member of our investment team!