Submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or get our referral
BMW i Ventures (“BiV”) is dedicated to finding and growing cutting edge technology companies redefining the automotive industry. We are investing out of our first, EUR 500m fund which was launched in late 2016, and our investment decisions are made by an independent partnership in Mountain View. We look to partner with the best companies and entrepreneurs, and have a portfolio of around 25 companies today (website). BiV leads and follows when investing, and invests across a company’s lifecycle, with a sweet spot in Series A and B. We are thesis-driven investors, and focus on eight broad sectors:
As a Senior Associate on BiV’s team, you’re an active member of the investment team, providing the needed insight to drive intelligent decision-making. You are also a representative of the firm and portfolio at meetings with external partners and BMW leaders. By building strong relationships with some of the most successful and respected tech entrepreneurs and leading venture capital firms, you will create long-term value for BiV.
The Senior Associate will work out of the firm’s Mountain View of ice, with potential to work out of the San Francisco of ice on occasion. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented, thrive with light supervision, be willing to get involved across all aspects of the firm’s operations, including:
Market research and deal sourcing:
- Initial review and preparation of summary materials for potential new investment opportunities.
- Perform and present market research “deep dives” on areas of interest to identify trends, key incumbents, and potential investments.
- Attend conferences and events for networking and sourcing deals.
Due diligence and deal execution:
- Perform thorough and zero-defect market, product, IP, technical, financial, and other due diligence by gathering information from the target company, industry experts, and companies in the same space.
- Work as part of the investment team develop investment thesis.
- Provide detailed financial analysis of potential investments.
- Prepare detailed investment memos supported with comprehensive analysis.
- AI, Data, Cybersecurity; Autonomous Vehicles; Industry 4.0; E-Mobility; Digital Car & Cloud; Customer Digital Life; Shared Mobility; Energy Services
- Work with portfolio companies on problem solving and opportunities discovery.
- Work with portfolio companies to build relationships with top executives at BMW and foster collaboration
BiV has a diverse team with varied backgrounds. Helpful skills and experience for this role include:
- 2+ years primary investing experience, or 4+ years of other relevant work experience (e.g., technology-focused management consulting or investment banking).
- Effective financial modeling and analytical skills.
- Ability to produce “board level” Powerpoint presentations and succinct Word memos.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- An MBA from a top business school.
- Experience within the technology space.
- Experience within the automotive space.
Questions to email@example.com