Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
MassMutual Ventures (MMV) is a team within MassMutual that is making venture capital investments in financial technology and enterprise software companies. MMV is led by three experienced Managing Directors and has begun investing out of its second $100M fund.
MMV backs early and growth stage startup companies that are transforming the insurance and investment services markets through technology and business model innovation. The fund’s key areas of investment focus include fintech, data analytics, cybersecurity, digital health, and enterprise software. MMV invest in companies that have the potential to create significant value through product innovation and focused execution. Our portfolio companies are listed on our website: www.massmutualventures.com.
This role will focus on assisting the MMV team in monitoring and supporting the fund’s portfolio companies, providing strategic introductions to MassMutual operating businesses, and sourcing and analyzing new investment opportunities.
- Support the team in monitoring and analyzing performance of existing portfolio companies
- Participate in sourcing and diligencing new investment opportunities
- Conduct market and competitive research on industries and companies within segments of interest to MMV
- Help author investment memoranda including building financial projections and valuation models
- 2-4 years of experience in a startup, investing, consulting or investment banking firm
- Understanding of the startup and VC investing ecosystem
- Understanding of and excitement about technology, ideally including knowledge of enterprise software, fintech, consumer or digital health sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker who is intellectually curious and a self-starter
- Aptitude for sourcing deals and networking
- Maturity and strong work ethic
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel: 3-4 days / month
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially proficiency with MS Excel
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- 3-5 years of investing experience
- Skilled a building financial model
- Capable of sourcing new investment opportunities
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.