Samsung Ventures America (SVA) is the US office for Samsung's venture investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and invest in various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductors, materials, mobile service, internet, software, security, enterprise solutions, bio engineering & medical, while potential investment subjects range from early-stage startups to pre-IPO companies. Currently, the group has over $1.8B under management and invests $250M annually.
Responsible for performing market research and generating investment theses with a focus on areas related to Investment Division 1 in Device Solutions, which includes and not limited to, semiconductors, equipment, fabrication, datacenter, storage, smart machines , etc.
Identify emerging technologies and companies of interest to Samsung Ventures for early, mid, and late stage investments
- Prepare investment theses and research reports
- Assist in preparing investment reports for the investment committee
- Participate in industry events to network with VCs and startups to support deal flow
- 5+ years of experience, including experience in venture capital or a semiconductor related company
- MBA or Master’s degree in EE/CS
- Previous exposure to market research
- Knowledge in emerging technologies and business models
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in Korean/English highly preferred