The Investment Director will be a senior member of the investment team, with significant experience in corporate venture capital or venture capital and ideally a background in financial services, and will have responsibility for end-to-end sourcing, negotiation and execution of deals, as well as post-close oversight of on-going relationships. In addition, as a member of the Ventures team, this role will help to develop the innovation strategy of the company around key strategic themes and pathways for turning the strategy into reality. The position is located in San Francisco, with frequent travel within the US and internationally.
- 10+ years of experience, including 5 years in corporate venture capital or venture capital, or working with emerging technologies or companies in corporate or business development
- Experience in Financial Services
- Knowledge and fluency in emerging technology and business models in sectors relevant to HSB & MunichRe
- Superior oral, written and visual communication skills
- Superior proactive networking and relationship development skills
- Proven teamwork skills both as a leader and cross-functional team member
- Self-motivated with high initiative
- Willing to travel 30-40% of the time including internationally
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The work environment characteristics and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.