Forbes Media is seeking a Strategic Investment Associate to assist with M&A and venture investment initiatives. The role is highly entrepreneurial and will require thinking through a commercial and strategic lens. The Investment Associate will be responsible for staying up to date with the digital media markets across both early and mature markets, and making investment recommendations to the senior leadership. Networking within the digital media and VC industries is also an integral component of the job, which requires a highly entrepreneurial character with strong time management skills. The candidate will report directly to the companys CEO, senior management and advisors to evaluate investment and partnership opportunities.
- Screen investment opportunities by conducting fundamental research (market and industry research, competitive mapping, financial analysis) and keep track of the market
- Construct/analyze operating and financial models and conduct sensitivity analysis
- Draft investment memorandums
- Participate in all aspects of the deal execution process, including due diligence, financial modelling, negotiation and execution
- Work closely with the companys C-level executives to understand the companys strategic direction and generate new corporate development ideas for the team
- Network within the digital media and venture capital industries, as well as Forbes U30 listees and alums, to source strategically relevant investment and partnership opportunities
- Work and liaise with professional parties during transaction execution, reviewing legal documentation and analyzing diligence materials
- Handle ad-hoc research projects
- Minimum 2 years of investment banking, private equity or venture capital experience in technology and media sectors
- 1-2 years of working within a startup or small business environment is highly preferred
- Prior deal execution and transaction experience is a must
- MBA graduates are welcome to apply
Key Requirements and Skills:
- Able to analyze new data, make observations and draw conclusions
- Strong financial modeling skills, specifically in sensitivity analyses, operating models and LBO models
- Genuine interest in digital media and technology
- Ability to drive a process forward through completion, and to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Diligent and strong attention to detail
- Inquisitive, curious, analytical and employs independent thinking
- Highly entrepreneurial character with interest in networking and developing relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Forbes Media is a global media, branding and technology company, with a focus on news and information about business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership and affluent lifestyles. The company publishes Forbes and Forbes Asia magazines, as well as Forbes.com. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 117 million people worldwide with its business message each month through its magazines and 40 licensed local editions covering more than 70 countries, Forbes.com, TV, conferences, research, social and mobile platforms. Forbes Medias brand extensions include conferences, real estate, education, financial services and technology license agreements.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer.