The Strategy and Innovation team plays a vital role in setting the direction for the company’s worldwide growth. As a member of the team, you will support corporate strategy development and innovation initiatives, forging relationships that enable Equinix to anticipate the future needs of customers and partners and develop game-changing services and solutions to meet them. You will work within a small direct team, but across a large, cross-functional organization, dedicated to driving corporate strategic planning and codifying Equinix’s strategic growth and innovation roadmap, leveraging data and market insights to inform critical investment decisions.
As a member of the team, you will work collaboratively across functions on a wide variety of projects, including new market and technology assessments, growth opportunity evaluations, product innovation and strategy, and strategic rationale development and synergy analysis for technology M&A opportunities. The Strategy and Innovation Analyst will have opportunities to interact with senior leaders across various internal functions, working with minimal oversight to execute on projects that have significant scope and impact on our business. With an air of humility, you will also bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment to help inform and influence major business decisions by Equinix’s executive team.
- Conduct deep analysis, manage complex data, demonstrate quantitative and analytical rigor, apply problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Manage various projects and/or workstreams across a wide range of corporate strategy and innovation initiatives with minimal supervision
- Manage secondary research efforts utilizing tools and databases such as Gartner, IDC, 451 Group, CapitalIQ, ThomsonOne, etc.
- Perform detailed due diligence of potential strategic growth and investment opportunities by assessing the industry, financials, and operations
- Develop and apply appropriate methodologies for market segmentation and sizing, market trend and competitive landscape analysis, business modeling, financial modeling, and operations analysis
- Synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends and/or recommendations
- Develop storyboarding and content for executive level presentations and reports to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Recent graduate or experienced analyst with experience in corporate development, corporate strategy, strategy / management consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- Prior experience working with Fortune 500 internal strategy group, strategy / management consulting, or similar professional services, multi-functional environment a plus
- General understanding of financial valuation methodologies and accounting
- Able to think critically, but also execute on the details; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
- Superior analytical (strategy and financial), project management, time management, and technical (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel) skills
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Able to synthesize results of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis into implications, key trends, and/or recommendations
- Superior written and verbal communication skills including developing presentations for executive audiences to communicate and achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills. Able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy
About the company:
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX, Market Cap: ~$35BN) is a rapidly growing, global cloud and interconnection platform and the world’s largest data center provider. With more than 145+ data centers on five continents and over $4 billion in annual revenue, Equinix is helping to shape the future of cloud computing and enterprise connectivity as one of the Fastest Growing Technology Companies in America (Forbes).