This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious leader to take a key role in our Strategy & Investments team at what is an exciting time for Gocompare.com.
We are looking for a candidate with meaningful experience covering areas such as strategy, financial modelling and transactions to support our work across new products, venture investments and corporate development / M&A. An entrepreneurial approach is key; we are looking for self-starters whose performance could lead to fast-track senior management roles.
- Consulting, investment banking or VC experience
- Previous role(s) within digital, e-commerce or online publishing organisation
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion for technology and entrepreneurship
- Ability to work independently as well as an excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Excellent strategic planning & insight experience
- Financial modelling, transactions and business planning experience
- Extensive senior stakeholder management
- Venture fund experience a plus
- Lead strategic decision-making for marketing, product, commercial functions and finance to support the growth of the core business
- Support business planning to ensure alignment between the bottoms up and top down plans and appropriate resource allocation across the business
- Lead assessment corporate development and venture investment style opportunities
- Develop a robust network within the fintech & insure tech eco-system in Europe
- Develop and manage an ongoing pipeline of new investment prospects
Reporting to a Strategy & Investments Director, you will work within the Strategy & Investments team whose experience includes Skype, Spotify, Mail Online, Argos and News Corp; in addition to Bain, BCG, OC&C and Arthur Andersen. The team has a broad remit spanning internal strategy, venture capital investments and corporate development / M&A and works very closely with the executive management team including the CEO and the Board.