We are an early-stage venture capital investor based in Menlo Park, Paris, and Tokyo, operating with Airbus DNA on the mission to partner with visionary entrepreneurs dedicated to bringing disruptive innovation to aerospace, mobility, and security. We see the third dimension as vastly underutilized and are deeply excited about a future in which humanity meaningfully and broadly reaches for the skies.
Airbus Ventures is looking for an Investment Associate to join our Menlo Park office. As an Associate, you will participate in a wide range of activities in support of the Airbus Ventures mission: deal sourcing, due diligence, deal execution, and portfolio management.
We are looking for a self-starter profoundly passionate about helping build next-generation aerospace companies with strong conviction on emerging technologies and business models. The Investment Associate will support and work closely with the Partners both on current portfolio and potential new investments: research and analysis of emerging trends, markets, and disruptive companies; preparing due diligence summary notes and investment memos; building financial models to assess business cases; participate in the sourcing of new deals etc.
We expect the Investment Associate to share our enthusiasm for pushing the edge of the envelope in identifying and growing disruptive high-tech companies transforming the future of aerospace and mobility. Candidates should be natural strategic and system thinkers not afraid to engage in deep analytical research, able to push our thinking, develop shrewd points of view on investment opportunities, and articulate thoughtful analyses and recommendations.
- 3-5 years of work experience in early-stage VC, tech startups, or tech-focused consulting or investment banking
- Undergraduate degree in science or engineering
- Graduate degree (MBA) is preferred, but not required
- Track record of academic and professional success
- Strong intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong software skills (Excel modeling, PowerPoint)
- Strong network of startups and VCs
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, as well as 1-2 paragraphs describing either a) your strong conviction about the future of aerospace / mobility technology or b) one early-stage startup that you consider a great investment opportunity.