CSC Upshot is an $115 million early stage venture fund dedicated to investing and support high growth technology companies in their earliest phase of financing needs. In close partnership with AngelList, Upshot defines a new model of venture investing online, combining large-scale intelligent data analysis with unique deal access to deliver superior risk-adjusted early stage returns. For more information see www.csc-upshot.vc.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated Associate who will help manage our portfolio of early stage technology companies, drive due diligence process, and assist in communications and reporting needs. As part of this role, the Associate will gain experience in early stage venture investing and portfolio construction through market research, portfolio valuation, investment due diligence and execution. We are a small team. The Associate needs to be a go-getter who is willing to wear different hats across various tasks while taking leadership in the following:
- Analyze and support existing portfolio, including financial and return analyses
- Conduct in-depth due diligence for potential investments
- Actively engage with partners in our ecosystem for deal sourcing and evaluation
- Prepare investment committee memos and the process leading to decisions
- Drive regular communications with LP reporting
- Maintain and improve on internal portfolio tracking and analytics tools
The Associate should be of entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated, driven with an ability to work independently and also excel in a team-oriented environment. She/he should have a passion for entrepreneurship, embrace the startup community and desire to be a key part of the team’s growth as we expand into future funds.
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading institution. Major in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in banking, consulting, private equity or venture firms
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL
- Data-driven, intellectually curious, and numerically inclined
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional work ethics
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with financial reporting and statistical modeling
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail with ability to multi-task