Kranz & Associates is a rapidly growing premier financial consulting firm in Menlo Park providing financial services to domestic and international venture capital firms, prominent angels, and some of the most exciting venture backed startups. We are seeking a full time Controller to manage the financial services for domestic and international venture capital firms as well as angel investors.
Responsibilities And Duties:
- Prepare Fund and Management Company financial statements
- Review and summarize complex investment transactions, including mergers
- Help determine company valuations via public market comparables analysis, 409a review
- Review of portfolio companies with general partners
- Manage the audit and tax return preparation process, including foreign tax filings
- Ensure international compliance with foreign regulatory agencies
- Oversee the financial statement preparation process for domestic and offshore funds
- Monitor compliance with complex partnership agreements
- Assist with amendments and LP meeting presentations
- Prepare investor communications for capital calls, distributions & liquidity announcements
- Interact with and respond to limited partner requests
- Perform special projects for venture funds as requested
- Work as interim financial consultant to various startup companies as needed
- Manage, mentor and motivate staff on engagements
Qualifications And Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years combined Big 4 & VC experience required
- CPA preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word & Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional presentation and excellent references required
Benefits And Perks:
The company recognizes your contributions to our growth and allows you to participate in a comprehensive compensation program which includes PTO, 401K, health benefits and our bonus program (quarterly and annually). We encourage individual development, support continuous training (through various certification courses), provide mentors for your career goals and promote teamwork.