NextWorld Capital is a venture capital firm investing in leading enterprise technology companies, including sectors such as SaaS, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Cybersecurity, and Enterprise Infrastructure. NextWorld leads Series A and B rounds and then helps entrepreneurs accelerate growth with our Global Enterprise Platform. We're the only venture capital firm with a comprehensive platform designed to bring together the best enterprise startups with over 100 of the most forward-thinking global corporates who become customers and partners.
NextWorld has invested in category-defining companies such as Zuora, DataStax, ProsperWorks, Airware, BrightRoll (acquired by Yahoo!), NexGen Storage (acquired by Fusion-io), and DynamicOps (acquired by VMware).
NextWorld is headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in London and Paris. Learn more at our website at www.nextworldcap.com.
NextWorld is hiring a Corporate Alliances Lead to be an integral member of the Operations Team. You will help build and maintain US corporate relationships and run activities for our one-of-a-kind Global Enterprise Platform (GEP) to connect these corporates with some of the best enterprise tech startups. It's a great opportunity for an extraordinary individual to help identify and add C- and VP-level executives to NextWorld’s advisors network that includes over 100 of the largest global corporates, and then (a) work with NextWorld’s operations and investing teams to facilitate connections between the corporates and startups, (b) manage our GEP programs in the US, and (c) work with both the global corporates and enterprise tech startups to help them get the most value out of our platform.
The Corporate Alliances Lead's responsibilities include:
- Grow the US operations of NextWorld’s Global Enterprise Platform by adding a significant number of US-based advisors from many of the largest corporations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with corporate executives in target industries.
- Act as the firm’s liaison to the advisor network with regular interactions and sharing of technology trends, insights, and knowledge of the enterprise tech startups we work with.
- Lead our due diligence interactions with US corporate advisors including outreach and follow-up.
- Organize and facilitate briefings for NextWorld’s Enterprise Innovation Center between corporates and startups.
- Support corporate related marketing efforts including newsletter, content, and events.
- Reports to the Partners as part of Operations Team.
- 3-7 years of proven performance working in the enterprise technology market (preferably in business development, corporate development, partnerships/alliances, or industry research).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong networking skills and ability to build credibility and rapport with senior corporate executives.
- High energy, self-starter, ability to work unsupervised with external parties.
- Existing network of corporate relationships (e.g. CIO, CTO) preferred but not required.
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Market competitive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.