Be Curious Partners invests in technology-driven companies reinventing parenthood. Our mission is simple: we invest in technology-driven companies reinventing parenthood. Our early stage investments are both geographic and tech agnostic—we don’t care where you are or what you’re passionate about—we just want to make parenting easier.
But we go way beyond the check…
We believe in creating value through company building.
We’re entrepreneurs, operators, and investors. We’ve helped build seed-stage companies around the world. Our passion is to offer as much of our experience, resources and relationships our entrepreneurs need to punch above their weight.
We’re also parents—we know how hard it is to be a parent—especially a new parent. But we believe as more and more millennial entrepreneurs become parents (only 20-30% so far), there will be a huge wave of innovation coming into this space (87% of all new parents are millennials)—and we want to be there.
We’re looking for someone who speaks the language of numbers—who loves doing due diligence, creating financial models and structuring deals.
- Assist Be Curious Partners investment team managing deals from start-to-finish, including opportunity identification, deal design, and deal execution with early-stage companies (pre-seed, seed, series a).
- Support the customization of deal documents, including term sheet and MOU.
- Assist in Be Curious Partners due diligence processes to evaluate technology, products, business, and financial plans; perform customer and market assessments, competitive analyses, and model capital requirements across the early stage company life cycle. Help prepare variance analyses, investment memoranda, and conduct research for comparable company/investment data.
- Work with Be Curious Partners investment team to ensure a consistent investment process. Assist in the completion of pre-investment committee checklist, investor presentation development, and critical review and risk assessment of prospective investments.
- Assist in developing, implementing and managing systems to track and organize due diligence files, investment documents, and portfolio company documents.
- Support Be Curious Partners in creating deal flow that attracts new, high-quality investment opportunities and build relationships with venture funds, strategic investors, angel investors, and other key investment stakeholders. Evaluate, appropriately document, and report on new investment opportunities to meet deal flow objectives.
- Assist in financial model assumption development, forecasting, and stress testing. Perform variance analysis of actual versus budget for prospective investments and current portfolio companies.
- Manage database of investment banking, venture capital, and strategic partner contacts. Assist in outreach to these constituencies.
- Assist in monitoring portfolio company progress and maintain up-to-date records within Be Curious Partners platforms. Respond to a variety of information and data reporting needs.
- Lead maintenance and management of third-party databases (e.g. Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CB Insights, Angel List), updating for investment activities.
- Generate required internal approval forms and documentation necessary for investment-related activities, including disbursements of funds, in accordance with Be Curious Partners program policies and procedures and fund management agreements.
- Assist Be Curious Partners accounting firm in preparing fund level reporting and meeting preparation for Be Curious Partners limited partners and capital call documentation preparation as needed.
- Advocate for the mission, programs, and portfolio companies of Be Curious Partners.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in business, sciences, engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Experience: 4 to 8 years of relevant private early-stage investment and/or combination of venture development, technology commercialization, corporate development, M&A, and/or investment management experience.
- Analytical Know-How: Excellent technical financial and analytical skills. Broad business and investment knowledge, and can understand and interpret financial statements. Solid command of Excel and practical experience with businesses’ financial / accounting functions.
- Project Management: Detail-oriented; able to manage competing priorities across a variety of tasks, timelines, and stakeholders. Strong work ethic.
- Strong Communication: Highly professional at all times with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Prior experience with client management and/or managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Business Judgment: Ability to make well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations regarding new investment opportunities, and relative to specific transaction execution and portfolio management situations.
- Team-Oriented: Comfortable working in ambiguity and cross-functional teams and able to collaborate with diverse professionals, including entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors, strategic partners in the Be Curious Partners Ecosystem. Ability to function effectively in a matrix management setting.
- Sector Knowledge: Industry knowledge of parenthood is a must. Expertise across technology sectors is a plus.
- Access to exciting tech startups and global trends
- Competitive compensation package, including performance-based incentives
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Atlanta
- Travel expected: 25%.