The Venture Analyst is a key member of our Venture Development team. Venture Analysts are responsible for evaluating market trends, tracking competitive landscapes, and conducting high-level research in a variety of healthcare verticals. In addition, the Venture Analyst will support the team in developing financial models and conducting due diligence in order to evaluate internal investment projects.
- Analyze market and industry trends
- Conduct high-level research and assessments using publicly available resources such as research reports, SEC filings, industry information, etc.
- Track competitive landscape
- Perform due diligence on potential new partners and investment themes
- Develop financial models with appropriate underlying assumptions
- Assist in Identifying potential for intellectual property ownership
- Build reporting on where investments are being made, their progress, and future efforts
- Maintain relationships with industry partners as needed
- Attend client meetings and represent Venture Development team as needed
- Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as being comfortable communicating directly with senior management teams
- Ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues and clients
- Curious, inquisitive, and eager to learn
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly as relationships, ideas, and assets change over time
- Poise under pressure
- Career-driven individual with passion for healthcare, technology, entrepreneurship, and investments
- Self-starter with the ability to start projects and analysis with minimal to no supervision
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2-3 years combined work experience in investment banking, corporate business development, venture capital, start-ups
- US healthcare industry experience strongly preferred (payer, provider, or supplier)
- Solid understanding of healthcare business models and how money moves between the payers, providers, suppliers, and members strongly preferred
- Proven ability to create detailed financial models (CFA Optional)
Who is Savvysherpa?
At Savvysherpa, we are investors. We identify, capitalize, develop, and prove novel business concepts in healthcare. We work on concepts that are good for patients both clinically and financially. We also select projects that leverage our deep expertise in healthcare economics and data science and our partners’ unique healthcare assets. The end result: innovative, proven models for improving health.