SVB Capital is the venture capital investment arm of global financial services firm SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB). The SVB Capital family of funds exceeds $3b and includes funds of funds and direct investment funds invested on behalf of institutional investors.
SVB Capital’s venture capital fund of funds invests in venture capital funds focusing on the information technology, life sciences and cleantech industries. SVB Capital’s direct funds invest in early stage information technology companies. SVB Financial Group’s relationships with hundreds of venture capital firms and thousands of venture-backed companies provide SVB Capital with unparalleled data on venture capital firms and their portfolio companies, as well as privileged access to leading venture capital firms.
As an analyst on the SVB Capital investment team, you will be involved in all aspects of venture capital fund of funds and direct investing operations, with a strong focus on quantitative analysis.
The responsibilities are focused on the following:• Granular data analysis and projections of venture capital funds, including their underlying portfolio companies
• Analyzing direct investment opportunities
• Performing deep quantitative and qualitative research on specific markets
• Maintaining portfolio models and pipelines
• Drafting investment memoranda
• Supporting fundraising and investor relations activities
This position offers the opportunity to apply advanced analytical skills to the venture capital industry and gain a comprehensive understanding of the industry. Adaptability to a dynamic environment, self-awareness, pre-disposition towards collaboration with others, and strong interpersonal skills are important in this role as SVB Capital is part of a larger financial institution. This is a pre-MBA position only.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics or finance, and an accomplished academic record from a premier undergraduate institution
- University graduate to 2 years of relevant experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, or investment firm (including internships)
- Demonstrated interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Highly advanced quantitative skills complemented by intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and organizational skills
- Strong initiative, ownership, and attention to detail
- Highly advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills