We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
Contribute to SONY Corporation innovation by building partnerships with external high-tech companies across the EU in strategic areas. Support in venture capital investments as part of Sony Innovation Fund.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making:
- Identify emerging technologies and trends in strategic areas
- Use desk/field research as well as personal networking with industry leaders to scout for tech companies to identify promising start-up companies and/or university research
- Perform technical analysis of scouted companies to understand core strengths and developments
- Present companies and explain technical aspects to different level of audience (mostly senior executives from Sony business units)
- Build relationship with SONY groups in Japan by understanding their motivators and strategic direction
- Planning and organising as well as execution of tech tours for Sony Corp Management in EU and at key industry trade fairs (e.g. IFA, CES and MWC)
Be the local project interface for Japan, towards third parties, and project manage each side to achieve success
- Regular teleconferences or F2F meetings to track project progress, deal with problems and find solutions
- Handle queries from partners and seek right people within Sony to resolve
- Understand, translate and communicate key messages from partners or from SONY Japan
Market intelligence reports:
Prepare market intelligence reports on high-tech industry trends to recommend to Sony’s groups on which area they should look at and on which companies they should invest
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc/MSc with excellence from universities with technical background (preferably Electrical-Engineering or Physics).
- 2-3 years work experience in technical-business role (technology analysis and negotiation with start-ups)
- Familiar with Japanese culture
- Good experience in competitors analysis and market intelligence reports