Touchdown Ventures is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital associate to join the San Francisco office. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners.
- Work with senior investment professionals to manage our corporate venture capital funds
- Identify and source attractive investment opportunities
- Meet with entrepreneurs and evaluate their business plans and pitches
- Conduct research on new investment sectors of interest
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments
- Prepare presentations and associated analysis related to managing our corporate venture capital funds
- Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
Candidates should be extremely energetic and flexible. You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and (3) years of work experience, ideally at a venture capital firm or in professional services such as an investment bank or consulting firm, and the ability to demonstrate:
- Superior PowerPoint and communication skills
- Critical thinking, including strong research and analytical ability
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital
- Experience building financial models and performing quantitative analysis
- Capable of forging relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Enthusiasm for venture capital, start-ups and entrepreneurship
- Ability to work in a start-up culture
Touchdown offers a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.