SKTA Innopartners focuses on investing and incubating pre-seed to early stage disruptive startups in a broad spectrum of technology sectors – AI, Communications, Semiconductor, Cloud, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT, Autotech and more. SKTA is looking to add an Investment Associate to the Innopartners Venture Investment and Business Development Team. The Associate is a key member of the Innopartners team; he/she plays a central role in sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses and supporting portfolio companies. We are looking for candidates that are curious, eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunities for new technologies and to imagine which business models will thrive in those future markets
- Source, identify and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the Innopartners together to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts);
- Evaluate and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including preparing investment memo;
- Develop Innopartners’ investment areas across industries and meeting with subject matter experts;
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, competitive landscape, and share findings to the Innopartners team;
- Execute new and/or follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling;
- Assist / support portfolio companies;
- Engage with the entrepreneurial community and representing SKTA;
- Work closely with all members of the SKTA team;
- Assist in coordinating annual tech event (e.g. Demo Day).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master’s Degree is a plus, but not required
- Ideal candidates will have 2~4 years of work experience, preferably in Venture Capital
- Technical and operating experience in Product, Operations or other functions within high growth tech startups will also be considered
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
About SK Telecom Americas:
SK Telecom Americas (SKTA) is the North American business development arm of SK Telecom, South Korea's largest telecommunication company and major shareholder in SK Hynix, the second largest memory chip maker.
SKTA is a Global Information and Communication Technology (ICT) leader that invests in building its parent company's advanced network and boosting chip-making technology in Silicon Valley.
In addition to advancing growth opportunities for SK Telecom via acquisition, investment, and partnerships, SKTA's core activities include Innopartners' Accelerator, SK Telecom Ventures (SKTVC), and Corporate Development. For more information, please visit www.sktelecom.com and www.skta.com.