Touchdown Ventures is expanding its team and is hiring a venture capital senior associate to join the Philadelphia area office. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on sourcing new investments, providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, and helping to manage Touchdown’s relationship with its corporate partners.
- Work with senior investment professionals to manage our corporate venture capital funds
- Source attractive investment opportunities
- Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
- Conduct research on new investment sectors of interest
- Meet with entrepreneurs and evaluate their business plans and pitches
- Perform due diligence on prospective investments
- Lead financial diligence process including model development
- Prepare presentations and associated analysis related to managing our corporate venture capital funds
Candidates should be extremely positive and flexible. You must be detail-oriented and self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial workplace. Master’s degree (MBA) preferred and at least 6 years of work experience, ideally at a venture capital firm or in professional services such as an investment bank or consulting firm, and the ability to demonstrate:
- Superior PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical ability
- Intellectual curiosity about venture capital
- Fluency with financial models and quantitative analysis
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives, etc.
- Ability to work in a start-up culture
Touchdown offers a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and paid time off.