Run by a passionate group of founders and operators, the EQT team have deep operational experience and credibility that comes from having founded pioneering software companies such as Huddle, Sendit and Rebtel and building B2C giants like Booking.com, King, Spotify and Uber from the earliest days of their existence.
Half start-up, Half VC, EQT Ventures is passionate about changing the way VC works with not only a differentiated model but a dedicated software team building technology such as EQT’s “MotherBrain” - it’s proprietary software for finding and supporting the very best tech-startups - from which almost 30% of all deals were initiated.
EQT Ventures has offices in Stockholm, London, Amsterdam, Berlin and now San Francisco, along with a large operating and investment team of functional experts. And as part of the top-tier global private equity group EQT, it can provide access to an unrivalled network of 16 offices and over 250 of executives and advisors who have run some of the biggest companies in the world. EQT Ventures is a multi-stage technology investor focussed primarily at stages A-C and is growing fast - having made 26 investments in just 18 months since it was founded.
The role is full-time, based at our office downtown in San Francisco Financial District and will include travels to Europe on a quarterly basis. You will be working directly with our San Francisco partner and will be a key member of the deal team that meets and evaluates founders of startups. You’ll act as project lead for the multiple work streams connected to sourcing, evaluation and investing in an EQT Ventures portfolio company. Well connected in the bay area ecosystem, trusted by founders, and with great deal sense you’ll work closely with other colleagues in EQT Ventures deal team as well as with the founders in our portfolio companies.
This is a senior associate role that suits either an experienced associate from another firm, preferably with time in a start-up, or someone just finishing at business school.
- Research companies, industries, and business models to give the larger EQT Ventures team thorough understanding of an industry and a company before making an investment decision.
- Meet and evaluate visionary early stage and growth tech founders and their companies. Source deals.
- Run independently with specific investment opportunities and sector themes.
- Understand what kind of teams and companies have the potential to be next-generation tech successes and great investment opportunities.
- Produce investment committee materials (presentations and financial models).
- Work with legal advisors to close out deals through term sheets and shareholder agreements.
- Help portfolio companies develop their business, supported by a world-class operational team.
- 3-5 years of investment; either at a VC, angel, seed fund or accelerator/incubator.
- Strong network within the venture and startup community in the bay area.
- Project Management experience; through operational experience from a startup, VC, management consulting company or equivalent.
- Passion and curiosity for new technology and a deep understanding of market trends.
- Analytical skills; can develop financial models, unit metrics, quickly evaluate financials/P&L, build forecasting models with various scenarios.
- People skills, Empathy & EQ; able to win the heart of entrepreneurs, builds the firm’s brand through role-model day-to-day behaviours.
- Communication skills; can effectively and succinctly communicate findings and conclusions to the rest of the EQT Ventures team.
- Strong intellect; with a degree in business, management, technology or finance.
- Passionate about the 4th Industrial Revolution.
- Curious about disruptive technologies, companies, business models, people and ways to create sustainable value.
- Genuinely interested in understanding challenges that entrepreneurs in tech startups are facing.
- Informal and collaborative in team constellations, always ready to roll up your sleeves when needed.
Please submit your application to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief introduction, resume, and links to any relevant online content no later than 26th of February 2018.
The Venture Lead role is full-time, based at our office downtown in San Francisco Financial District and will include travels to Europe on a quarterly basis.